Diocesan Director for Safeguarding:
We are currently seeking to appoint a
DIOCESAN DIRECTOR & CO-ORDINATOR OF SAFEGUARDING
(20 hours per week) initially for 2 years, subject to renewal
- A third level qualification or equivalent in the area of social work, childcare, education or related areas
- Experience (paid or voluntary) of working in the area of safeguarding, with professional competence at leadership level in fields of education, social work, policing or healthcare.
- A good knowledge of the Policies and Procedures of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Clogher and those of the Catholic Church in Ireland relating to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- Familiarity with church structures and activities.
Appointment to this post is subject to the completion of necessary vetting procedures. The successful candidate will possess appropriate administrative and IT skills.
Duties will include:
- Planning and managing Diocesan Safeguarding Services
- Reporting to and advising the Bishop of Clogher in respect of safeguarding matters.
- Acting as Diocesan Designated Liaison Person (DLP) and Case Manager and receiving any concerns relating to safeguarding.
- Serving and supporting the Diocesan Safeguarding Committee and other relevant bodies and developing, managing and supporting diocesan safeguarding staff.
- Supporting Parish Safeguarding Representatives and advising parishes on policy and best practice
- Ensuring that all safeguarding concerns or allegations are dealt with in accordance with Diocesan policies and procedures which comply with best practice and legislative requirements.
- Ensuring that appropriate support is made available to complainants, respondents, victims/survivors and perpetrators as required.
- Maintaining detailed records of all steps taken as part of the procedures in all cases.
- Participating in inter-diocesan bodies and attending at relevant conferences and training as appropriate.
This post will be based in either Monaghan Town, Co Monaghan or Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh and will require travel around the Diocese of Clogher.
Application details, including a Job Specification, are available from the Diocese of Clogher website www.clogherdiocese.ie or from the Clogher Diocesan Office, Bishop’s House, Dublin Road, Monaghan. Tel. +353 (0)47 81019 or email: email@example.com
Applications must include a CV (with details of referees – to include one character and at least one professional referee) together with a cover letter and must be returned to Diocese of Clogher, Bishop’s House, Dublin Road, Monaghan H18 PN35 no later than 12 Noon on Friday 31 January 2020.
Coordinator of Safeguarding Services
Ardleenagh, Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan.
Tel. 087-2345924; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Safeguarding Champion
43 Old Rossorry Road, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh BT74 7LF
Tel. 00447756812849; Email: email@example.com
Designated Liaison Persons (DLPs)
Brendan Kelly, Tamlet, Castleblayney, Co Monaghan.
Tel. 042-9741383; Mobile: 086-4071397; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Molloy, Dunene Avenue, Kesh Road, Irvinestown, Co Fermanagh.
Tel. 028-68621158; Mobile: 0044 78 79413855; Email: email@example.com
Diocesan Vetting Office:
Geraldine McKenna, Safeguarding Office, St Macartan’s College, Monaghan.
Tel.+353 87 3874742; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocesan Safeguarding Committee:
Deirdre Boyle, Cornacrieve, Roslea, Co Fermanagh (Chairperson)
Tel. 00447500961345; Email: email@example.com
Pat Drury, Seamus Gunn, Mary Harte (Secretary), Anne Hoogerboord, Lisa Hughes, Brendan Kelly, Mgr Shane McCaughey, Geraldine McKenna, Mgr Joseph McGuinness, Anne Molloy, Mgr Peter O’Reilly.
Parish Safeguarding Committees:
Each parish in the diocese also has a Safeguarding Committee. A Copy of the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy Statement, together with the local contact details are available on all church noticeboards.
For further Safeguarding Information: