Address: 146 Ballagh Road, Fivemiletown, Co Tyrone, BT75 0QP
Phone: 028 – 89521291
About this Parish
This extensive parish is the result of a merger of the the parishes of Aghavea and Aghintaine in 1985.
The parish of Aghintaine, which was coterminous with the Church of Ireland parish of Fivemiletown plus parts of old Aghavea, was created out of Clogher parish in 1870 by the then Bishop of Clogher, Dr James Donnelly. This was followed by the building of a new church in Fivemiletown, dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary and St Tiarnach, dedicated on 5 May 1872. The Aghavea portion of today's parish was created in the early 19th century, by a merger of the eastern portion of Aghalurcher with the old parish of Aghavea, a parish that can be traced as far back as the Taxation of 1306. The earliest church of the parish was in the townland of Aghavea, most likely on the site of the present Church of Ireland church there.
In addition to Fivemiletown and Brookeboro, today's parish also includes the extensive rural area of Coonian where there has been a church since circa 1795. St Mary's church in Brookeboro was completed in 1857.Saints Associated with the Parish: St Lasair, feastday 13 November. She was educated with St Molaisse of Devenish.
Parish Pastoral Council/Team Chairperson
Parish Finance Committee Chairperson
Parish Liturgy Team ChairPerson
Churches and Mass Times
Address: Brookeboro Co Fermanagh
Address: Fivemiletown, Co Tyrone
Address: Coonian, Co Fermanagh
St Mary’s PS Brookeboro
Principal: Dermot Finlay
St Mary’s PS Fivemiletown
Principal: Ailis Cullinan-Keown